Enhance your Smile
Dental crowns improve the overall health of your smile, and are made to cover the entire visible portion of your tooth. We may suggest this type of restoration to correct your bite, enhance the appearance of your smile, or strengthen a weakened tooth.
A dental crown, or cap, has a number of purposes. One of the most common uses of a dental crown is to restore a tooth that is significantly damaged or decayed. The crown is custom made to fit over the entire tooth, starting at the gum line, in order to restore the tooth to its original shape and size. Crowns can be made of gold, porcelain, or porcelain fused to metal. Porcelain crowns are popular because they match the natural color and appearance of your teeth. We will help you determine which type of crown is right for your smile.
Your smile will benefit from a crown if a tooth is damaged or decayed to the point that a dental filling will not provide a successful restoration. Dental crowns can also be used for a number of other restorative and aesthetic purposes, including:
- To protect a tooth following root canal treatment
- To anchor and attach a dental bridge
- To cover and complete a dental implant
- To enhance the beauty of your smile
- To improve a misshapen tooth
- To strengthen a tooth that is fractured or weakened
- To support a large filling when little natural tooth structure remains
If you would like to learn more about how crowns can improve your smile, please contact us today for a consultation.