Never let an opportunity pass to improve your brushing basics. As a habit that you should be practicing at least twice daily, would you say that you are doing a delightful job brushing your teeth? Although many people take extra care to brush their teeth perfectly, they fail to remember to take care of their brush as well. Here are few rules to help you find and care for the perfect toothbrush:
– Look for a toothbrush that has the ADA Seal of Acceptance or has been approved or recommended by your dentist for regular use.
– Never trade toothbrushes with other people, or cross-contaminate them against other toothbrushes.
– A good toothbrush has soft bristles and fits easily into your mouth with a brush head that is small enough to easily fit in your mouth but large enough to brush all areas inside it.
– A toothbrush is no good if it has become contaminated, so always keep your brush clean when not in use and replace it every 3-4 months.
– Older individuals or people who cannot easily brush their teeth and gums should look into an electric toothbrush to make brushing more effective.
If you would like a professional cleaning from Andrew Henritze DDS at our dentist office in Roanoke, Virginia, please contact us at (540) 989-6600. Dr. Andrew W Henritze, DDS and the rest of our team will ensure you get the bright smile you desire.