Digital X-rays are a safe, helpful diagnosing tool. Our dentist uses them to locate any dental issues that are difficult to detect with the naked eye. We utilize digital X-rays to:
– Detect decay that is not visible with the naked eye
– Locate decay beneath a dental filling
– Reveal bone loss caused by gum disease or other issues
– Detect changes in the root canal or the surrounding bone from infection
– Help Dr. Andrew W Henritze, DDS prepare for dental implants, dentures, or other procedures
– Detect an abscess, an infection at the tooth root
– Detect and diagnose other abnormalities
Having X-rays taken can help our dentist detect, diagnose, and treat any dental problems that you may have early, when they are easier to correct.
Dr. Andrew W Henritze, DDS will determine how often to take your X-rays depending on your dental history and your current dental health. Some individuals need to have digital X-rays taken of their teeth every six months. If a patient has no recent issues like gum disease, they may only need to have dental X-rays taken once a year, or once every few years. For new patients, our dentist may take X-rays as part of the initial exam. This will give him something to compare any changes in your oral cavity to over time.
We invite you to contact our office today for more information about digital X-rays in Roanoke, Virginia, and to schedule a visit. We are excited to serve you and your smile!